Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Nick Hodge Nick Hodge is offline

Default Excel File Disappeared!!??

I would search for files created yesterday (an option in windows search) or,
if you have time, something unique inside the file and search by that. I
would make sure you include hidden files in the search in case you have
changed an attribute by accident. Equally I would not add an extension, e.g
*.xls as this may also have gone. Equally, if during a 'modified yesterday'
search you find a strange file with a random name where you expected that
file to be, try adding .xls to the end and see if it's there.

--
HTH
Nick Hodge

FREE UK OFFICE USER GROUP MEETING, MS READING, 27th APRIL 2007
www.officeusergroup.co.uk

"phil6666" wrote in message

I used an Excel file yesterday, closed it, no problems. It's a file
that I use everyday; In fact, it's got its own shortcut on my
desktop.

I boot up this morning and the file is missing! Excel says it can't
find it...it's been renamed, deleted, or stolen by homeland
security!!!

I've searched in its home folder, the recycle bin, on my entire
computer, and also searched for anything that was close to the
original name.

NADA!!!!

I do have an old copy, but would prefer not to re-create some of the
data.

Any suggestions?

thnx