Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
JE McGimpsey JE McGimpsey is offline

Default Adding Time

I'm confused. You say the correct answer should be 26:32, but you also
mention multiplying by 24, which should give you a decimal time.

IF you're summing and multiplying by 24, just reformat the cell as
General to get decimal time.

If you're trying to get an XL time value, don't multiply by 24.

And for future reference, saying "still not getting the desired answer"
provides almost zero information - what answer ARE you getting?

In article ,
Wannano wrote:

I tried that, but still not getting the desired answer.
--
Texas Wannano

"JE McGimpsey" wrote:

Format/Cells/Number/Custom [h]:mm

The brackets keep the display engine from rolling over time at 24 hours.

In article ,
Wannano wrote:

Column A Column B Column C
4/3/07 5:12 PM 4/3/07 7:00 PM 1:48
4/3/07 3:50 PM 4/4/07 7:00 PM 3:10
4/3/07 6:36 PM 4/4/07 4:10 PM 21:34

Column C formated as h:mm

Need help with formula to sum time.

Reg [sum] I get 2:32 then *24 I get 12:48, the correct answer should be
26:32.

Thanks!