Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
joel joel is offline

Default Adding Time

I put your data into my worksheet and got 2.3 days. The real answer you
have to subtract one from the sum. the correct answer is 1.3 days.

4/3/2007 17:12 4/3/2007 19:00 1:48
4/3/2007 15:50 4/4/2007 19:00 3:10
4/3/2007 18:36 4/4/2007 16:10 21:34

2.11 days subtract 1 and get 1.11 days

"Wannano" wrote:

That didn't worked either...I got 50:52, which is still incorrect. What
could I be doing wrong or not doing?

Thanks!
--
Texas Wannano

"Joel" wrote:

To sum column C just use the regular function =sum(C1:C3). The cell with the
sum function change the format to a number with 2 or more decimal places.
The sum will be in days. To get hours simply multiply days by 24. To get
minutes multiply by 24 * 60.

"Wannano" wrote:

Column A Column B Column C
4/3/07 5:12 PM 4/3/07 7:00 PM 1:48
4/3/07 3:50 PM 4/4/07 7:00 PM 3:10
4/3/07 6:36 PM 4/4/07 4:10 PM 21:34

Column C formated as h:mm

Need help with formula to sum time.

Reg [sum] I get 2:32 then *24 I get 12:48, the correct answer should be 26:32.

Thanks!
--
Texas Wannano