Posted to microsoft.public.excel.links
FloMM2 FloMM2 is offline

Default How to get sum of data in series from 2 Workbooks to another Workb

adeel,
If I understand the question, Workbook3 in cell [A1] will be the sum of
Workbook1 cell [A1] plus Workbook2 cell [A1].
In the Workbook that the total is wanted in the cell:
=SUM([Book1]Sheet1!R1C1,[Book2]Sheet1!R1C1)
In english( not excel-ish)
add from Workbook1 the appropriate sheet, cell [A1] to from Workbook2 the
appropriate, cell [A1] and store it in Workbook3 sheet1 in cell [A1].
HTH
:-)

"adeel via OfficeKB.com" wrote:

I have 2 workbooks with series of numeric data (i.e A1 to A100 in both
workbooks), I want to generate automatic Sum of these data in another
workbook (Cell by Cell), which linked to Workbook-1 & 2. pls tell me the
formula for that.

I shall be highly gratful to you.