Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Dave Peterson Dave Peterson is offline

Default Calculating time

Ignore the formula bar (this time). That's the way excel shows time in the
formula bar.

I bet your cell with the formula worked ok though, right?

Donnas3944 wrote:

I entered it as you suggested formatting the cell using mm:ss. Once I
leave the cell it reverts back to 01:21 and the formula bar still shows
12:01:21 am. Any other suggestions????

"Dave Peterson" wrote:

If you see 1:21:00 AM in the formula bar, then you're entering 1 hour, 21
minutes, 0 seconds.

Try entering:
0:1:21

If you have lots of data to fix, you can try this:
type 60 into an empty cell
edit|copy that cell
select the range to fix
edit|Paste special|check divide

Clean up that cell with 60 in it.

You may have to reformat those cells, too (mm:ss).

Donnas3944 wrote:

I can not figure out how to do the following:

I am trying to calculate the amount a time someone spends on the phone
making calls. Let's say they made 99 calls, average call lasts 1 minute and
21 seconds and they sat 8 appointments.

When I enter 1:21 and format the cell as mm:ss is appears as 21:00 and in
the formula line it shows as 1:21:00 AM. When I enter the formula to figure
the amount of time was spent on the phone I used B6*E6 (calls made x avg
call time)and my total time appears like 13:39:00. See below.

Date Calls Made Appt Set Avg Call Time Total Time Spent on Phone
24-Apr 99 8 21:00 13:39:00

I know I am missing something simple but can not figure this out. I would
appreciate any help anyone can offer. This is making me crazy!

Thanks!

--

Dave Peterson

--