Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
JE McGimpsey JE McGimpsey is offline

Default Unable to copy the merged cell to the rest of the column

Try choosing Tools/Options/Calculation and select Automatic.

In article ,
redrxturbo wrote:

Using the formula =CONCATENATE(B369,": ",C369) in cell D369, I'm able to
merge the text in the referenced cells. However, using the instruction
provided in Excel help and the demo video on Excel support site I'm unable to
extend the concetenation to the remainder of the column.
All that appears in the succeding cells is the same text as the originally
merged cell. Interestingly if one checks the formulas in the newly propagated
cells its is =CONCATENATE(B370,": ",C370); =CONCATENATE(B371,": ",C371);
=CONCATENATE(B372,": ",C372); etc. but the text is the same as the orginal
text that was expanded to the remainder of the column.

I'm running Excel 2003 with ALL updates installed on the final release of
Vista. I've also duplicated the problem on another installation of Excel
running on XP with ALL updates.

Redrx