Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
JB JB is offline

Default Randomize list of integers beteen 1-x with no repeats

I need to randomly select names (can be represented by integers) from a
list, to create a new list of those names, using all the names with no
repeats. This is a duty roster that changes monthly. I want to change the
order each month using all the names. I have tried to do this with RAND and
Data Analysis Tools, but can't get rid of the repeats or use all the numbers.
The pattern option in the Data analysis Tools insists upon repeating values.
Ideally, I would like to not have anyone on last month's list in the same
position on this month's list, but one hurdle at a time. any ideas?
Thanks!