Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Dave Peterson Dave Peterson is offline

Default Vlookup with Data Filter

Not using =vlookup().

=vlookup() will find those matching cells in that lookup table no matter if any
rows are hidden.

But maybe you could "add" the same filtering rules into your formula.

Saved from a previous post:

If you want exact matches for just two columns (and return a value from a
third), you could use:

=index(othersheet!$c$1:$c$100,
match(1,(a2=othersheet!$a$1:$a$100)
*(b2=othersheet!$b$1:$b$100),0))

(all in one cell)

them yourself.)

Adjust the range to match--but you can only use the whole column in xl2007.

This returns the value in othersheet column C when column A and B (of
othersheet) match A2 and B2 of the sheet with the formula.

And you can add more conditions by just adding more stuff to that product
portion of the formula:

=index(othersheet!$d$1:$d$100,
match(1,(a2=othersheet!$a$1:$a$100)
*(b2=othersheet!$b$1:$b$100)
*(c2=othersheet!$c$1:$c$100),0))

Wayne wrote:

I use a Vlookup Formala for B4 The range is A10:M2000.I have a Data Filer on
colume 1.My question is is it possibl to use the data filter to select the
value and it will appear in colume B4.Thanks in advance Wayne

--

Dave Peterson