Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
JMB JMB is offline

Default I really Need help with Formula (Excel 2003)

What Peo is getting at, if A2 is repeated in B600, then type

=A2=B600

in an empty cell. If you get False, then the two cells are not equal, which
is why none of the suggestions are working. =A1=B1 was only an example.

"Marilyn" wrote:

I know what invisible characters are and I ran the Clean function and pasted
the values over. Please note that the information that repeats are not
exactly in the same row. ) could be in A2 and also
repeated in B600 so the repeated items are not side by side.

As far as your suggestion (=a1=b1) I get false all the way across, but again
the repeated items are not in the same row.

Thanks,

"Peo Sjoblom" wrote:

That's not what I said! I said invible characters like trailing/leading
spaces, invisible html characters.
Formatting has nothing to do with invisible characters.

try

=A1=B1

where A1 and B1 are 2 cells you know are duplicates, if you get FALSE then
they are not duplicates regardless of formatting

Peo Sjoblom

"Marilyn" wrote in message
I have cleared the formatting from both columns and they are both formatted
the same (i.e. ). There are many duplicates in
both columns.

"Peo Sjoblom" wrote:

It means there are no duplicates, you might have invisible characters in
one
or the other like trailing/leading spaces. Test the formula on a small
range, put in some values yourself that you are sure are duplicates and
you
will see that it works.

Peo Sjoblom

"Marilyn" wrote in message
I get 0 when using this formula. What am I doing wrong

"Teethless mama" wrote:

=SUMPRODUCT(COUNTIF(A1:A9,B1:B9))

"Marilyn" wrote:

I have email addresses in Column A & Column B and I'm trying to find
matching
addresses between both columns. I have tried the following formulas
however,
they are not counting the matching items correctly:
=ISNA(MATCH(B2,$A$2:$A4661,FALSE)) and I have tried this:
=SUMPRODUCT(($A$2:$A$662=A2)--($B$2:$B$662=B2))

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks for the help,