Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Dave Peterson Dave Peterson is offline

Default Can't bold or format because program goes into "not responding"

The first thing I'd try is to change printers to a local printer -- or install a
printer driver locally and see if that helps.

There have been posts that describe problems when using a network printer (with
the driver on the network???).

Excel uses the printer to figure out how things should be displayed on the
screen.

wrote:

I can type in Excel 2003, but as soon as I try to format a cell it
goes into not responding and gets hung up until I close it down. Any
ideas as to how to fix it? I've even tried opening Excel from the
start menu instead of the shortcut and it doesn't make any difference.
HELP!

` Amber

--

Dave Peterson