Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Fran Fran is offline

Default Column widths looking different in different files.

I have 2 Excel files (Excel 2003, in Windows XP), which should look visually
the same, although the actual content varies a little bit. In one of the
files, a column width = 11 is about 50% wider than the 11 in the other file.

I have verified that all of the settings I can check are the same:
Zoom is 100% on both
Default font is the same, font used in the actual page is the same
Everything under Tools-Options is the same (same items checked, etc.)

I tried copying the content from the wider file to a new worksheet, but it's
still wide. I don't want it wide.

I've stumped my co-workers. I would be eternally grateful for some guidance.
Thanks in advance