Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Andy Pope Andy Pope is offline

Default Mekko charts in Excel 2007

Hi,

I just tried my variation of variable column widths in xl2007 and it appears
to work.
http://www.andypope.info/charts/colwidth2.htm

The area chart does have x-axis dates. On the Axis Options tab of the Format
Axis dialog is a section Axis Type.
Here you can set the type to be Automatic, Text or Date.

Cheers
Andy

--

Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
http://www.andypope.info
"George Burdell" wrote in message
. ..
Tushar, thanks for the suggestion However, Stephen's funchrt5 creates a
chart like a mekko chart, but it is not a mekko chart. Jon Peltier has an
example of a mekko chart at
http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/...ml#MatrixChart. One of
steps in creating it is to change the x axis to a time series. I'll see
if I can figure out how to stack things and full the chart area. However,
I suspect that is beyond me.

It appears that Microsoft forgot to retain that capability in Excel 2007
to change the x axis on area charts to a time series. I guess at this
rate of improvement and "depreciation" [of features] when they release
Excel 3000 it will have just one cell and no graphs, but cost a million
dollars and will consume all system resources. Aren't monopolies
wonderful....

"Tushar Mehta" wrote in
message om...
In article ,
says...
I'm trying to create a mekko area chart in Excel 2007 like I do in Excel
2003. However, it appears that one can not change the X axis of an area
chart to timescale. Does anyone know how to create mekko charts in
2007?

frustrated

Check out Stephen Bullen's funchrt5.zip at
http://www.bmsltd.co.uk/Excel/SBXLPage.asp#Charting