Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Peledon Peledon is offline

Default Convert Percentage to total number of NPT Days

What if I only know ther percentage 1.8% and Number of Days in Month 31
days. How do I calculate this to get the number of "hours NPT"?

"Peledon" wrote:

Sorry I did this wrong first time, I hope the following is a bit clearer.

If I have for instance 31 days in March which has 8.75 hours of NPT this
equals 1.18%, calculated using the following formula.
=IF(Total Days March="","",(NPT Hrs/(Total Days March*24))*100) = 1.8%.

NPT = Non-Productive Time (downtime)

What if I only know ther percentage 1.8% and Number of Days in Month 31
days. How do I calculate this to get the number of Hours NPT?

"Mike" wrote:

I don't pretend to know what an NPT day or hour is and how they are arrived
at but the formula seems simple enough. If you substitute any value in place
of 'NPT Hours' the formula will return the result of 4.17 and not 1.8. For
example:-

=(8.75/(8.75*24))*100 = 4.17

Please clarify

Mike

"Peledon" wrote:

If I have for instance 31 days in March which has 8.75 days of NPT this
equals 1.18%, calculated using the following formula.
=IF(Total Days="","",(NPT Hours/(NPT Hours*24))*100) = 1.8%.

What if I only know ther percentage 1.8% and Number of Days in Month 31
days. How do I calculate this to get the number of days NPT?