Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
jonathan182 jonathan182 is offline

Default Finding duplicate data between 2 spreadsheet workbooks?

Hi Roger, I have two seperate workbooks. They are both workbooks containing
customer's information. Each customer has a unique, customer reference
number. So there is a column in each workbook with *Customer Reference
Number* as the heading and I wanted to know if there was a quick and
hopefully easy way of finding any customer reference numbers that appear in
both workbooks. The only thing that may be a problem is that the workbooks
havent got all of the same number of columns with the same data, but they
both have the *Customer reference number* column which I need to see if there
are any customer reference numbers that appear in both workbooks. The
customer reference numbers are 1 letter and 7 numbers eg. A0003264.

I hope this is enough information and thanks for taking the time to help me!!

"Roger Whitehead" wrote:

Hi Jonathan,

Can you clarify? You have two *workbooks* (Excel files), or two *worksheets*
(ie, in the same file).
A little info about the kind of data they hold may help - is there a column
in each that is designed for unique values? Are the columns in the same
order?

Thx
Roger

"jonathan182" wrote in message
Hi I have 2 spreadsheet workbooks in excel, and I want to see if there is
any
data that is in both of the spreadsheets. Is there a way of linking the
two
to be able to find the duplicate data or any other way for that matter?

Please help!