Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
RagDyeR RagDyeR is offline

Default Ranking order of cells.

If I understand you, say your "last" sheet is Sheet5.

On Sheet5, Column A has the team names, and Column L has the number of wins.

On your summary sheet, you want Column A to display the wins, sorted
descending (largest first), and in Column C, you want to display the name of
the team that matches the sorted wins in Column A.

In A1 of your summary sheet enter:

=LARGE(Sheet5!L$1:L$5,ROW())

Copy down to A5.

In C1 of your summary sheet enter this *array* formula:

=INDEX(Sheet5!A$1:A$5,LARGE(IF(Sheet5!L$1:L$5=A1,R OW($1:$5)),COUNTIF(A1:A$5,A1)))

--
Array formulas are entered using CSE, <Ctrl <Shift <Enter, instead of the
regular <Enter, which will *automatically* enclose the formula in curly

*After* the CSE entry, copy down to C5.

This should give you what you asked for, with ties listing the first team
name as displayed in Sheet5.

If you would like the ties to display the reverse order as displayed in
Sheet5, just change the LARGE() function in the array formula to SMALL().

BTW -
This set of formulas will *automatically* change the display on the summary
sheet as (if) you change the win numbers on Sheet5.
--

HTH,

RD

"JrJoseph" wrote in message

I have a work sheet with several sheets in it. The first sheet is a summary
sheet that is filled out basied on the last sheet. It looks something like
this:

In A1 is the team name and in L1 is the win column.

TeamA 10
TeamB 9
TeamC 12
TeamD 9
TeamE 11

I would like to take the values from this last sheet and automatically have
the data entered in on the summary sheet. Notice there are 2 teams with the
same score.

What I would like it to do is place them in order from the most games won to
the least games won and also have the team name placed in the cell 2 cells
over.

I've tried the Rank command it worked pretty close to what I wanted as far
as getting the team names in order one main problem is if there is a dup
score it only writes the first team name.

Thanks,
Jr.