Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Active cell

Hi v.i

Conditional Formatting is not sensitive to the active cell, but if you put a
value in a cell, Condtional Formatting can respond to it. Use Formula Is

=$E$9<""

or some other form.
--
Gary''s Student - gsnu200716

"village_idiot" wrote:

I've been working with your info and came to the conclusion that it will be a
very big answer to my question (81 bunchs of 11 or 12 statements each). So,
what would the formula be to use conditional formating to do the trick? In
other words, how do I tell the conditional format to activate only when a
certain cell is active?

"Gary''s Student" wrote:

adjust lukewarm to hot and send it to :

--
Gary''s Student - gsnu200715

"village_idiot" wrote:

I may not be a pain, but like I said I'm self-taught and my teacher is an
idiot. If it would help you, I can send a copy of my Sudoku worksheet and
you can see what I'm trying to do. I'm a newbie at this site, so I don't
know if it's allowed to put our e-mail address in, but if it's ok I'll get in
touch with you and give you a copy, as long you don't laugh to hard at the
way I did things.

"Gary''s Student" wrote:

You are not a pain. This is fun. Yes you can use Named Ranges ( which we
can define in either the worksheet or the macro). We can gives names to each
of the small blocks of cells and make a super range by combining them. Or if
all the small blocks are in cols D-F, then we can clear the color out of just
these three columns and paint the color in the selected small block.

There are lots of options.
--
Gary''s Student - gsnu200715