Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Roger Govier Roger Govier is offline

Default Pivot Table Grandtotals. All or nothing?

Hi

Regrettably, the answer is no.
How is your report laid out?
You say you have
volumes of some 50 products, unit prices for each and sales values

Do you mean that there are 150 columns across the page or are the
products going down the rows with 3 columns across?
I am just wondering whether you could have your 3 values set out under
each other, so that the summation across the columns would all be
applicable to the same units.

Otherwise, I think you will have to switch off Grand Totals and create
your own Total to the side of the PT using the GetPivotData formulae.

--
Regards

Roger Govier

"KG" wrote in message
I asked this question befo when selecting Column Grand Totals is it
possible to restrict them to the columns that make sense? I have
columns for
volumes of some 50 products, unit prices for each and sales values.
Only the
Sales Value Grand Total has any meaning but I am stuck with a sum of
all the
unit prices and all the volumes which are not only meaningless, they
are also
confusing.