Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Barb Reinhardt Barb Reinhardt is offline

Default VLOOKUP?

Let's say you are entering your data in cell A1 and you want B1 to display
the location name

=VLOOKUP(A1,Sheet4!$A$1:$B$100,2,false)

where your "hidden" sheet is Sheet4 and the data is in A1:B100. Just make
sure that column A is sorted in ascending order.

"Pheasant PluckerĀ®" wrote:

I have a list of customers sites where each site has a unique number.

Against each of the numbers is the name of the site for example;

001 London
002 Oxford
..
..
1340 Birmingham
1341 Manchester
etc. etc.

These are listed in 2 columns on a hidden worksheet in a multi-page
spreadsheet.

What I would like to do is when the site number is input say in cell A1 on a
different worksheet I need to automagically insert the site name that
matches that particular site number.

So in my example if I input 002 in cell A1 then Oxford appears in B1

I am guessing I need to use VLOOKUP or something but can some kind soul
point me in the right direction please?

--
Thanks & regards,
-pp-