Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
fmistry fmistry is offline

Default Cells(x,y) error

On Apr 17, 4:32 pm, Dave Peterson wrote:
.range() takes something that looks like an address.

.range("a1") or .range("C:C")
or
.range("a1,b9,C3") for lots of cells
or
a range name (created via Insert|Name|Define)
.range("somerangenamehere")

.cells() takes a row and column argument. The nice thing is that .cells() will
accept either a letter or a number for the column argument:

.cells(17,"G") and .cells(17,7) will refer to the same location (G17).

======
I don't speak charts. You may want to repost with more information.

fmistry wrote:

<<snipped

Dave Peterson- Hide quoted text -

Great, it works. Does this mean Cells = Cells is not correct and one
should always use Range=Cells? Can Range take x,y for its arguments?

The cells Cells("J14").Value and Cells("K14").Value represent the x
and y co-ordinates in a Chart (single point plot) which does not seem
to change as the x and y values change. Is there an Update Chart
function I need to use?

This is the last question, I promise. You have been most helpful.
Thanks.

--

Dave Peterson

Thanks for all your help.