Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Nick Hodge Nick Hodge is offline

Default excel 2007 add custom menu

Harlan

But that doesn't mean I don't have opinions.

And without sounding patronising (which means it will) I quite like your
opinions ;-)

Don't think were too far apart here, I'm just trying to work with V1.0,
you're choosing to wait, sure we'll end upon the same road.

--
HTH
Nick Hodge

FREE UK OFFICE USER GROUP MEETING, MS READING, 27th APRIL 2007
www.officeusergroup.co.uk

"Harlan Grove" wrote in message
oups.com...
"Nick Hodge" wrote...
And I see that going even further with more of a Worksesque type 'shell'

Why not resurrect Bob but give it office rather than home furniture?

Sure (Jim Rech's)

Sub RemoveRibbon()
Application.ExecuteExcel4Macro "SHOW.TOOLBAR(""Ribbon"",False)"
End Sub

(I know you'll laugh at ExecuteExcel4Macro...I can hear you ;-))

Not at all. ExecuteExcel4Macro is the only way to make Excel/VBA pull
anything from closed workbooks using dynamic external references other
than entering them as cell formulas in hidden ad hoc workbooks.

Guess I need to refresh my XLM skills.

The really unfortunate bit currently is you cannot remove, or probably
more
usefully replace the office button icon, or individually remove the Excel
options or Exit Excel buttons. But then I think we all know this is very
V1
and someone has to work with it or we can't suggests amendments in the
real
world and staying still was not an option ;-)

Too V1.

Where I work, IT upgraded everyone who got new PCs in 2005 from Office
97 to Office 2002, and last year upgraded everyone from either Office
97 or Office 2002 to Office 2003. They never installed Office 2000.
It's highly unlikely they'll ever install Office 2007. Maybe we'll get
Office 14 a year or two after it's released. I'll be ready when it
happens, but I'm not exactly burning with anticipation.

As for home use, I still see no compelling reason to upgrade from
Office 2000, and even so I use OpenOffice. Since I can log onto the
company terminal server farm using either Windows of Linux versions of
the Citrix client, I can work from home using my home machine without
needing to buy any software I don't have any use for personally.

But that doesn't mean I don't have opinions.