Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup
Roger Govier Roger Govier is offline

Default Transfer information

Hi

It sounds like Advanced Filter, extracting data to your Monthly sheet
will do the job.
Take a look at Debra Dalgleish's site for detailed instruction on how to
achieve it.
http://www.contextures.com/xladvfilter01.html#ExtractWs

--
Regards

Roger Govier

"Aggie G" wrote in message
A pivot table will not work for what I want. Let me provide you more
information.

Every month we have a staff meeting where employees are recognized and
given
awards. The spreadsheet contains all the information about each award
such as
the name of the recipient, the month award, the amount of time off,
etc. I
want this information to populate on another sheet (Agenda), but I
only want
the information associated with the month of the awared. As an
example; if I
have the following:

Name Month Awarded
Award Amount
Wylie, Amberlyn January-07 2
Boyett, Joann February-07 1
Brown, Josh February-07 2

Using this information, I want the name and the award amount for the
month
of February to populate in the Agenda sheet. How can I do this?

ill Ridgeway" wrote:

Sounds like another job for Pivot Table! Click on <Data<Pivot Table
and
Pivot Chart Reports and follow that through. Pivot tables can be a
bit
tricky until you get used to them with a bit of experimentation.

Regards.

Bill Ridgeway
Computer Solutions

"Aggie G" wrote in message
I have a spreadsheet with three sheets. One sheet is the main the
data
sheet
that contains all the information. On the other two sheets I am
trying to
setup something that would allow me to pull over data such as name,
award
amount, award type, etc. based on the month awarded. I am not sure
what
would
allow me to do this. Any direction?