Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
T. Valko T. Valko is offline

Default VLookup - can I set my formula to fill in date if item isn't in ta

What default value would you like?

One way is to leave the cell blank if the lookup value isn't found:

=IF(ISNA(VLOOKUP(..........)),"",VLOOKUP(......... .))

Just replace the "" with whatever default value you want. Just remember that
a TEXT value needs to be enclosed in quotes: "text" and a numeric value
doesn't: 0.

Biff

"NANGO" wrote in message
I have quote spreadsheet in which sale rep can fill in a part number and
the
description, price and type of item it is fills in automatically.

My question is, if they part number isn't in the vlookup table, I want a
default answer to fill in the type column instead of #N/A.

Is that possible, and if so, how would I do it?

Thanks