Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Roger Govier Roger Govier is offline

Default pivot table driving our users nuts.

Hi Alan

If I drag a date field to the Row area, then Group by Year,
Quarter.Month,Day each of these grouped fields appears one below the
other in the Row area of the Field List dialogue.Dragging Year, Quarter
and Month to the Report Filter Area, just leaves days showing in the row
area.

Dragging any of them around doesn't display what you describe.
--
Regards

Roger Govier

"AlanKohl" wrote in message
Hi Nick, I've tried that too, it doesn't affect the issue I described,
unfortunately.

"Nick Hodge" wrote:

Alan

You can display the pivot table in the 'old view' on the pivot table
tab.
The default now is the new 'compact' view

--
HTH
Nick Hodge

FREE UK OFFICE USER GROUP MEETING, MS READING, 27th APRIL 2007
www.officeusergroup.co.uk

"AlanKohl" wrote in message
Assuming you have a Dimension with 5 levels: Year, Quarter, Month,
Week
and Day
Using OWC 11, you could drag the Day level to the pivot table, and
you'd
see
all the days one below the other.

Now with Excel 2007, you drag the Day level and Excel decides to
behave as
if you had dragged the Year level: It shows all the years below one
another.
You must then expand the year level so that the quarters appear,
and then
right-click on a year, choose "show/hide fields" and click on Year
to hide
the year level.
Do it again for Quarter, then again for Month, and finally for
week.

A total of 17 clicks for something that needs 1 click with OWC 11.

This is driving our users nuts.

Am I missing something ? Is there a better way to do this ?