Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
kjoiner kjoiner is offline

Default Size limits for cut and paste to other appliations

Hello,

I am having trouble with copying and pasting spreadsheets to other
applications. I use 2 different CAD software products and this issue occurs
with both. I have a spreadsheet whose size is columns A-K and rows 1-69.
Some cells are expanded in width to accomodate the text inside but the
largest cell width is about 39.5. I can copy and link past this spreadsheet
with columns A-J, but when I select columns A-K, it always omits column K. I
have asked other users of my CAD software about the issue and was told that
this was a problem with Excel up through version 2002 and was fixed in Excel
2003. I now have Excel 2003 SP2 installed and still have the same problem.
I was told that this is a pixel limitation in copying. This seems to be
either a problem with Excel or with Windows OLE. I'm running Windows XP pro
SP2 so I'm pretty up to date. Any suggesttions? Thanks!