Connie Martin

Thank you. With the formula slightly modified, I get the answer I need:
=NETWORKDAYS(K42,N42,NonWorkDays)-1 I am taking one day off because I don't
want to include the departure day, which is the first date.

"Peo Sjoblom" wrote:

=NETWORKDAYS(K42.N42,Holidays)

Peo Sjoblom

"Connie Martin" wrote in message
Okay, I can do the NETWORKDAYS formula, but how do I include it in my

formula
=N42-K42? I want the difference between those two days excluding weekends
and holidays. I have created a named list and so the NETWORKDAYS formula

of:
=NETWORKDAYS("01/01/2004","12/31/2004",NonWorkDays) works on its own,

giving
me 252 but...I need an answer of 2 because K42 is Jan. 6/04 and N42 is

Jan.
8/04. There is no weekend and no holiday between those two dates.

However,
if I have Jan. 9/04 and Jan. 13/04, the formula should yield 2, as well
because there's a weekend in there. (I'm revising a huge report from last
year---that's why I've got 2004 dates here.)

"Roger Govier" wrote:

Hi Connie

Try =NETWORKDAYS(startdate,enddate,holidays)
Holidays would be a named range containg a list of the public holidays.
Stardate and enddate the cell references to your dates.
I believe that NETWORKDAYS requires you to have the Analysis Toolpack
loaded.
Go to Tools=Add-ins and select Analysis Toolpack followed by OK

--
Regards
Roger Govier

message
I have this very simple formula: =N42-K42 Both N42 and K42 are dates.

QUESTION #1
Is there a way to incorporate into this formula something that would
exclude
weekends when it calculates the number of days' difference?

QUESTION #2
Is there also a way to incorporate into this formula something that

would
exclude statutory holidays when it calulcates the difference? I

assume I
would need to put a list of statutory holidays somewhere in the

worksheet
or
on another worksheet.

Thank you