Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
[email protected] dswiders@gmail.com is offline

Default Save workbook to a server

On Apr 16, 9:41 am, Dave Peterson wrote:
I wouldn't bother changing the directory, just point at the drive/folder in your
save:

thisworkbook.saveas filename:="o:\data\" & somefilenamehere, ...

wrote:

I currently have a macro and it saves the file that the user is
working on locally on their hard drive. I would like to make it so
that it is saved to our server. In the code I specify the location
for where I would like to save it:

ChDir "O:\DATA\......"

However when the macro runs it always saves the file to the local My
Documents folder. Is there anyway around this or is it not possible
to save a file to a server like this through a macro?

--

Dave Peterson

Thank you for your help it worked just as I need it to.