Wazooli

not what i am looking for. perhaps a more detailed explanation would help.

i have 10 columns, each containing 300 rows. each column represents a
different condition. there is only 1 maximum value in a row. what I want is
to see which condition is best, simply by having the most maximum values
totaled on the bottom. conditional formatting makes visual verification
easy, but getting a concrete number is not so easy.

"Bernie Deitrick" wrote:

wazooli,

Let's say that your table is in A1:F10. In H1, enter the formula
=MAX(A1:F1), and copy down to H2:H20.

Then in cell A11, use the formula
=SUMPRODUCT((A1:A10=$H$1:$H$10)*A1:A10)
and copy to B11:F11.

HTH,
Bernie
MS Excel MVP

"Wazooli" wrote in message
Is there as yet a workaround for this? I have a table of values, where

the
largest value in each row is colored thanks to conditional formatting. I
would like to be able to sum all the colored cells for each column using

the
.interior.colorindex property.

wazooli