Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
[email protected] EagleOne@discussions.microsoft.com is offline

Default VBA to parse multiple links to one cell

2003/2007

Assume B3 formula is:
='3 Period Average EBITDA Summary'!H8*'_
3 Period Average EBITDA Summary'!H22/' _
3 Period Average EBITDA Summary'!H23 _
+5932

What series of VBA procedures would have to best
chance of correctly parsing the three links (or any three others)
so that blank cells in the same column i.e.
Cells(Rows.Count, SameColumn).End(xlUp)(2, 1) would end up

B5 formula ='3 Period Average EBITDA Summary'!H8
B6 formula ='3 Period Average EBITDA Summary'!H22
B7 formula ='3 Period Average EBITDA Summary'!H23
B8 formula = 5932

B10 = ((B5*B6)/B7)+5932

Then B3 is replaced with a link to B10 i.e.:
B3 formula =B10

My biggest concerns are properly identifying the complete formula
strings, the operators and properly handling any constants which may
appear anywhere in the original B3 formula.

Any, I mean ANY, even partial help, very much appreciated

EagleOne