Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
T. Valko T. Valko is offline

Default How to change average range automatically?

It's not clear what you want.

Let's assume you have numbers in the range A1:A20

In D5 you have 5.

Does that mean you want an average in column B like this:

B5 = average of A1:A5
B10 = average of A6:A10
B15 = average of A11:A15
B20 = average of A16:A20

What if the size of the range in column A is not divisable by the number in
D5. For example, D5 = 3. The last sequence of 3 would be cell A18.

Biff

"Yuanhang" wrote in message
I wanna associate average with a changing number which determines how many
numbers in group to calculate a average.
For example, in an excel sheet, I have one column full of prices data,
let's
say, Column A. And in the cell D5, there is a initial number: 5 which
means
in column A, we should calculate average mean for every five continuous
prices (like moving average in Finance). If I change Cell D5 into 10, I
want
the data column A was averaged in every 10 prices.
That's is to say, by associated Column A and the cell D5, I may be able to
use solver to get some valuable information.
I hope I explain the problem clearly. I am very in a hurry to know the
answer. Thank you.