Bob Phillips

Archie,

You can protect a set of cells.

First, goto FormatCellsProtection, and uncheck the Locked box
Then select the cells to protect
First, goto FormatCellsProtection, and check the Locked box
Go to ToolsProtection and set worksheet protection.

--

HTH

RP

"ArchieBoy" wrote in message

Hello,

In a worksheet I calculate a sum with SUMIF function. It adds up
corresponding numbers if selected by an "X" in a group of cells.

I want to protect the numbers and the summation cells (for accidental
damages to formulae) with a password but when I send the worksheet to
colleagues I want them to manipulate the sum by adding or removing "X"s.

How can I do that?

Thanks
Archie