Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
George[_3_] George[_3_] is offline

Default paste 'over' protected cells?

On Fri, 13 Apr 2007 19:24:02 -0700, Sunday88310
wrote:

When you protect a worksheet, all cells are locked by default, which means
that they cannot be edited. To enable cells to be edited while leaving only
some cells locked, you can unlock the cells and then lock only specific cells
and ranges before you protect the worksheet. You can also allow specific
users to edit specific ranges in a protected worksheet.

I think I knew that. It's not a matter of blocking some users - I'm the
only one doing this. There are just some cells that I don't want to
overwrite. I'd like to be able to paste a whole column, and have the
paste just ignore protected cells. As it is, I get a message that some
cells are protected, _and_ the paste operation quits.

Maybe you're just saying "no can do"?