Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Sunday88310 Sunday88310 is offline

Default paste 'over' protected cells?

When you protect a worksheet, all cells are locked by default, which means
that they cannot be edited. To enable cells to be edited while leaving only
some cells locked, you can unlock the cells and then lock only specific cells
and ranges before you protect the worksheet. You can also allow specific
users to edit specific ranges in a protected worksheet.

--
William<"M"

"George" wrote:

(excel 2002)
I would like to copy a column, and paste 'values' (only) into another
col, _except_ I don't want to overwrite a few of the cells in the target
col. Protecting those cells blocks the paste operation for the entire
col. I'd like the paste to go ahead, and just not do anything to the
protected cells. Can I?

Thanks,
George