Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Bob Umlas Bob Umlas is offline

Default Use a code to populate a cell with a specific value

Set up a little table with PS1 in one cell, .03 in the next cell to the
right, then PS2 & .073 in the next row, etc, then use
=VLOOKUP(K5,x,2,FALSE)
where x is the reference to the 2 columns x ?rows, like G1:H16

"braveT" wrote in message
I am using a spreadsheet to track print jobs. One of the things I track is
the type of paper used and the cost of each piece for each job. Each paper
stock is assigned a stock code and has a unique cost. I want to be able to
enter the code and have the cost of the paper automatically come up in the
next cell. I currently have 16 different codes and each one has a

different
cost. For instance, I want to enter the code PS1 in cell K5 and want it to
put the cost associated with PS1 (.03) in cell L5. I have tried to use the

IF
function, but you can only nest 7 in a cell (I think). Any ideas? Any help
would be appreciated. Thanks!