Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Luke Moraga Luke Moraga is offline

Default cross referencing by title and actor name?

Assuming a grid where actors are listed across top, and movie titles in
column A, you could then place an "x" at each intersection between the
columns and and approriate row. This would allow for multiple actors per
movie, and vice versa. You could then do a data-filter-autofilter.

Then, you can either pick a movie title from column A and see all the
actors, or go to an actor column, choose to see all the "x" and then you can
see all the movie that actor is in.

Is this what you were looking for?

--
Best Regards,

Luke Moraga

"Annabanana-1" wrote:

I'm using Excel to list my film inventory. I would like to cross reference
it to actor's names, ie Airforce 1 x Harrison Ford Harrison Ford x Airforce
1.

Harrison Ford x Airforce 1.