Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
LauraFitzroy LauraFitzroy is offline

Default How do I get monthly data in the data area to remain in order

Thanks John!! It worked. Also, before receiving yr reply, I tried
protecting the sheet of original data, which worked as well.

Thanks again

"John Mansfield" wrote:

It sounds like your months might be entered as text. Try entering the months
as dates and then formatting them in the "Format Cells" dialog box. For
example, enter:

01/01/2007
02/01/2007
03/01/2007

Then go to the Format Cells dialog box and reformat the dates as you want
them to look.

--
John Mansfield

"LauraFitzroy" wrote:

The data area is rearranging the months in alphabetical order. How can I
change this?