Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
aloomba aloomba is offline

Default Copy VLookup formula from one spreadsheet to another

You should Copy the Formula to Notepad and then copy (from Notepad) to the
second sheet to prevent it referencing the sheet it originally came from.

HTH

" wrote:

I am by no means an excel guru, and I'm needing a little help. I have
numerous cells that are using the following Vlookup formula:
VLOOKUP("Total Amount ("&LEFT($C4,4)&")",Report!$B$1:$E$1000,2,FALSE) )

The "Report" sheet will be present in all subsequent workbooks that I
create. Whenever I copy and paste the formula to another workbook,
Excel places the name of the file in the formula. I.E.:

VLOOKUP("Total Amount ("&LEFT($C15,4)&")",'[Week 14.xls]Report'!$B$1:$E
$1000,2,FALSE)

How can I prevent it from doing this, or is there something that I can
put in the vlookup to tell it to always use the current workbook?

Thanks in advance.