Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
[email protected] tclark39@cox.net is offline

Default Copy VLookup formula from one spreadsheet to another

I am by no means an excel guru, and I'm needing a little help. I have
numerous cells that are using the following Vlookup formula:
VLOOKUP("Total Amount ("&LEFT($C4,4)&")",Report!$B$1:$E$1000,2,FALSE) )

The "Report" sheet will be present in all subsequent workbooks that I
create. Whenever I copy and paste the formula to another workbook,
Excel places the name of the file in the formula. I.E.:

VLOOKUP("Total Amount ("&LEFT($C15,4)&")",'[Week 14.xls]Report'!$B$1:$E
$1000,2,FALSE)

How can I prevent it from doing this, or is there something that I can
put in the vlookup to tell it to always use the current workbook?

Thanks in advance.