Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Ron de Bruin Ron de Bruin is offline

Default How do I create a customized toolbar button? Excell 2007

If you want to use the old commandbars code see my site for a few examples.

--

Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm

"Jon Peltier" wrote in message ...
Excel 2007 has lost the ability for the user to create commandbars. Third
party approaches have started popping up. Here's one:

http://pschmid.net/office2007/ribboncustomizer/

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
http://PeltierTech.com
_______

"Dave Peterson" wrote in message
ps. When you get lots of these macros and you don't want to use shortcut
keys,
you can save them all into a dedicated workbook--and save it as an addin
(so
that it's hidden from the user (you!) in excel).

But you have to give the user a way to run the macros.

For additions to the worksheet menu bar, I really like the way John
Walkenbach
does it in his menumaker workbook:

Here's how I do it when I want a toolbar:
http://www.contextures.com/xlToolbar02.html
(from Debra Dalgleish's site)

rllngriver wrote:

I would like to create button that would automatically change the format
of a
cell's text or selected text to red with the strike through feature when
clicked on it. How do I do that?

--

Dave Peterson