Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Bob Phillips Bob Phillips is offline

Default Multiples of 1000 in cells?

Try

=CEILING(ABS(A1-A3),1000)

--
HTH

Bob

"Confused" wrote in message
I am trying to create a cash budget. These are the numbers:
(410,700) 99,735 109040
??? ??? ???
50,300 50735 50040

The top number is a cash surplus (shortage), the middle number is
borrowing
for a loan (or repayment) and the bottom number is the ending cash
balance.
The ending cash balance must always be at least 50,000 and I have to
borrow
in increents of 1,000. The three middle numbers should be 461,000,
(38000),
and (59,000) respectively. I cannot figure out how to create a formula to
make this work for any combination of numbers. How do I create a formula
make it so that I am either borrowing or repaying money based on the top
number that maintains my minimum ending cash balance of 50,000, but is
only
in increments of 1,000? I was trying to do an imbedded "If" statement,
but I
can't figure it out.

"OssieMac" wrote:

Your question is not explicit enough to understand what you want. Can you
post a sample of your data and an explanation of what you want to
achieve.

Regards,

OssieMac

"Confused" wrote:

How can I write and embedded IF statement that only occurs in multiples
of
1000?