Posted to microsoft.public.excel.links
[email protected] carlsondaniel@gmail.com is offline

Default Counting Specific Number of Days across Multiple Months

I have a task which seems relatively easy at first. I have two dates
as inputs: a start date and a stop date that can vary between dates
and lenght of time. I have a header row with dates by month. I am
trying to write a formula that will tell me how many days between the
start and stop date are in each month. For example, if I start on Jan
30 and end on Feb 2nd of the same year, I will show 2 under the Jan
header and 2 under the Feb header. Sometimes it will go on for a
couple months, so if it is a complete months, say starts on Jan 30th
and Ends on Mar 2, I will need it say 2 under Jan, 28 under Feb, and 2
under March. I have tried to Dateif, but not sure if I am looking at
it correctly? Any suggestions would be most helpful. Thank you in
advance!