Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Sandee Sandee is offline

Default linking deposits to individual client statements for year-end repo

I volunteer at a local foodbank and they've asked me to find a way of linking
deposit information to the contriburtor's individual worksheet.
Ex: They've created a file folder (saved and named on a monthly basis) and
within that folder are files (saved by the date of the deposit) that show a
deposit listing the name of the contributor, the check number or cash, if so
given, and the dollar amount of the contribution. In another folder are
files saved by the name of the contributor. Several times a year a volunteer
would data entry from the deposits the information onto the individual's
statement (template) allowing for a contributor to receive a totaled
statement for the year. Because the deposit entries are not data entried in
the same contributor's name order I cannot figure out how to "link" the
information from the deposit slips automatically to the individual's
statement. I appreciate your assistance.