Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
leung leung is offline

Default Sheet Protection

Hi

In this case, you could unprotect it before the update and protect it again
afterward.

ActiveWorkbook.ActiveSheet.Protect
<call the update subroutine
ActiveWorkbook.ActiveSheet.Unprotect

hope this help.

Leung

"OdAwG" wrote:

Hello All,

I ws wondering on how I can protect a sheet that has nothing but formula's
in it. My Scenario is this:

I have a main sheet that I enter in all of my data into. from the other
sheets, I use vlookup and other formula's to pull data into them. The
problem that I am having is when I protect the whole sheet, then those cells
that I have formulas in them won't update when I run my upate macro because
they are protected. I don't want to un-protect those cells because, then a
user may accidentally del, change, or erase that formua.

Thanks in advance for any help

Argus