Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Anne Troy[_2_] Anne Troy[_2_] is offline

Default name box in excel 2003

Cool. And I just noticed your moniker "quilting2"! I do that stuff, too. :)
****************************
Anne Troy
www.OfficeArticles.com
****************************
"quilting2" wrote in message
Thank you the windows option worked to add the worksheets to the
bottom of my screen so that i could see them.

"Anne Troy" wrote:

"that dropdown in the 'name box' it says"....
What is IT? The dropdown? The name box?
"it says I get them"...
What is THEM?
"back to my original document"...
Can you see your sheet tabs?
I can only envision that you have a workbook with sheet tabs hidden ( to
fix, go to Tools--Options--View and make sure sheet tabs is checked) or
that you have a workbook that has the sheet tabs "off screen" (to fix, go
Window--Arrange all), and that you're using the name box dropdown to
select
a named range that's on something besides the sheet that appeared when
you
opened the file. Also, have you tried:
Ctrl+Home to get to the top of the worksheet
Ctrl+G and type in Sheet1!A1 to get to the first cell of the first sheet
(presumably).
****************************
Hope it helps!
Anne Troy
www.OfficeArticles.com
"quilting2" wrote in message
i am new to excell and i have a document that i got from work that has
multiple worksheets, that drop down in the "name box" it says i get
them
but
i cannot get back to my original document.. sorry dont know how else to
describe this. thanks T