Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Teddy-B Teddy-B is offline

Default Bold Subtotals

OK - Cathy you DID help. I actually THOUGHT about this for awhile. I had to
modify the formula that was given to you for your help. My modification is:
RIGHT($A1,5)="Total"
Format:<font/<bold

Works great: Thanks for clicking my light on!
~Teddy

"Teddy-B" wrote:

I have a multiple heading spreadsheet. I am able to subtotal entries
according to change in name (simple). The problem is that exell will not Bold
the name and the amount related elswhere on the spreadsheet. The only thing
that is bold is the name and the actual subtotaled figure is NOT bold.
The word "Total" appears after each name. Is there a way for me to reference
the cells with the word "Total" in them and use conditional formatting to
change the corresponding subtotaled amounts (elsewhere on the spreadsheet) to
bold?
Is there a more simple way?

Ex: Name Total -(in bold) l address l Phone # l amount -(subtotaled but NOT
bold)

Super "thanks" to the community!