Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
cstwoplus cstwoplus is offline

Default updating email addresses in cells

I did not make it clear that the list I need to change has 400 names, and
they do not all end with @client.com. They all have the same layout, but the
domain name changes, so I need to keep that intact while removing everything
before the @ and replacing it with the concatenated name.
becomes
becomes
becomes

Sorry for not being clear.

cstwoplus

"William Horton" wrote:

CONCATENATE("FirstName", ".", "LastName", ")

If you have the entire first and last names in separate fields, you can do
this all with one concatenate function. (Concatenate
")

Hope this helps.

Bill Horton

"cstwoplus" wrote:

I have a list of contacts with email addresses. My client is changing their
email layout from
to . I would like to
replace the jmsith with john.smith, which I can get by concatenating the
first and last name columns with a dot, but how do I get it to replace
everything up to the @ with the newly concatenated name? I tried a
combination of search, replace, etc, but I couldn't get the combo right. Any
help is appreciated.
Everything after the @ remains the same.

Thanks,
cstwoplus