Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Wannano Wannano is offline

Default Elapsed Time Assistance

Thank you both for your comments. We got it to work.
--
Texas Wannano

"Bill Ridgeway" wrote:

This will give you elapsed time where the period extends across midnight-
=MOD(B1-A1,1)*24
where A1 is the start time and B1 is the end time. The result is in decimal
not minutes!

This works only where the task is for up to a 24 hour (less 1 minute)
period.

To accommodate your requirement to exclude weekends (and to simplify the
formula) you may consider splitting entries to end at 23:59 on Friday and
starting at 00:00 on Monday. A further complications (obviated by splitting
entries) are bank holidays (if you are in the UK), public holidays,
Christmas and the like.

I appreciate this may not be a full answer to your enquiry but it should be
workable.

Regards.

Bill Ridgeway
Computer Solutions

"Wannano" wrote in message
A2: 4/03/2007 2:15 PM (Start)
B2: 4/05/2007 7:00 PM (End)
C2: Need formula

I need a task measuring formula in C2 to capture the amount of time taken
complete a specific task. Weekends do not count in this event. It might
sometime take longer than 24 hours to complete a task. I would like the
results to be in a h:mm format.

THANK YOU!

--
Texas Wannano