Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Link Link is offline

Default Can I create a chart from multiple worksheets in the same Excel file?

Not exactly sure what you mean with the way you wrote your codes there, but
what I have done is copy and paste all the info from the various worksheets
into a new and separate worksheet, then created my chart from that.

I find it surprising that such a workaround is necessary. I thought I could
hit the Data Source button, then go and select all the info from different
worksheets!

Oh well, I got the end result.

Thanks for your help.

Cheers,
Link.

"Bernard Liengme" wrote in message
You can have a chart where different data series live on different
worksheets.
But it sounds as if you want to take one point from Sheet!, another from
Sheet2, etc.
Why not make a table such as:
Col X(values) Col Y (formulas)
2002 =Sheet1!C40
2003 =Sheet2!D56
etc
Then make chart from this data (which could be off in an unused part of
the sheet)
best wishes
--
Bernard V Liengme
www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme

"Link" wrote in message
I am trying to create a line graph from multiple worksheets, within the
same file. I have a budget with each year on a separate worksheet, but I
need a graph showing the five year trends.

I am using Microsoft Excel 2003 (11.8120.8122) SP2.

Maybe I am using the wrong type of line graphs? Maybe there's a trick?
Maybe it can't be done? Any help greatly appreciated.

Cheers,
Link.