Tushar Mehta

Why rotate anything? Bernard's solution should work just fine. Enter
it in D5 rather than B2.

So, if A contains the time, in D5, enter =IF(MINUTE(A5)=0,A5,NA())
In E5 enter the formula =IF(ISNA($D5),NA(),B5).

Copy E5 to F5. Copy D5:F5 as far down as you have data. Plot D5:F
{whatever}

Tushar Mehta
www.tushar-mehta.com
Custom MS Office productivity solutions

In article ,
says...
Bernard ... you've taken me closer - thanks for that. I wonder if I can
explain what's happening now.
I just realized a problem. My x values are in say A5:A2000 and then my y
values are in B5:B2000 as well C5:B2000 (temperature and rel. humidity from a
data collector). It's not a scientific experiment ... just readings for room
temps and humidity.

So ... instead of a relationship between rows and column values, all of the
data is in columns. Is there a way to rotate, say the time data to appear in
a row. There's more than 256 readings ... not sure if Excel can take it.
I'd appreciate your thoughts.
Diana

"Bernard Liengme" wrote:

Let's say x-values in A2:A2000, y-values in B2:B2000 with headers in row 1
To plot every 20th row:
In C2 enter =IF(mod(ROW(),20)=0,B2,NA())
Copy down to C2000
Select A1:A2000; hold CTRL; select C1:C2000; make chart
The N/A data is ignored
--
Bernard V Liengme
www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme

"Cowtoon" wrote in message
I have data that's collected every two minutes, 24 hours a day and only
want
to chart the data for every hour (on the hour). How do I extract that
information, so that my generated chart doesn't look a huge blob of ink.
There must be a formula that can extra the info (say ... if the minutes =
00), that places it in another worksheet where I can generate a
less-cluttered chart from those data.

Thanks for any assistance.
Diana