Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Jon Peltier Jon Peltier is offline

Default Some questions about Excel 2007 Charts

Fujing -

1. In Excel 2003, the line chart won't draw the value of #N/A and
leaving it as an empty point. but in Excel 2007, it deal the value of
#N/A as zero. In such condition. I could not drawing some conditional
charts which could associate different scopes of value with different
series and format them differently.

A quick test shows me that line charts in Excel 2007 and in Excel 2003 treat
#N/A in the same manner. If somehow the #N/A is entered as text ('#N/A or
="#N/A") rather than as an error value, it will be treated by the line chart
as zero.

If this is not the case, provide a more detailed description of the specific
use of #N/A.

2.the dynamic chart in Excel 2007 seems to be disappointed, I could
not combine the chart with form control. and the relative reference
names( such as data1=OFFSET(Sheet1!$B11,0,0,1,COUNTA(Sheet1!$1:$1 )-1)
could not function too. maybe you could find it by the sample of John
Walkenbach's "define series based on active cell - F9.xls".

I also could not make this dynamic chart work. I will post a bug report.

3.The mouse's double-clicking function couldn't work too. I used to
format chart element by double-clicking it and set the format options
in its format dialog box. but now I have to rely on ribbon or right-
clicking pop-up menu.

The Microsoft Office team has decided that double clicking will not bring up
the format dialog, but will instead bring up what Excel guesses is the tab
you probably want. I find this guess is usually incorrect. I also think this
was an unfortunate change to the interface design, and hope they will revert
to a more logical and more expected behavior.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions