Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Bernard Liengme Bernard Liengme is offline

Default Some questions about Excel 2007 Charts

Q1: You are mistaken here. If a cell in the y-range contains a formula such
as =NA() [or something more complex like IF(test, value, NA()], XL2007
ignores the point and interpolates. You cannot use just the text #N/A in any
version of Excel and hope the chart knows what you mean.

Q2: Why even bother with OFFSET? Turn the chart data into an Excel Table
[see Help] and anything you add to the Table will appear in the chart. You
could do this with XL2003 by making a List.

Q3: Correct, double-click does not open the format dialog. I suppose I am
lucky that I got into the habit of right clicking. You can also use CTRL+1

best wishes

--
Bernard V Liengme
www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme

"fujing1003" wrote in message
oups.com...
1. In Excel 2003, the line chart won't draw the value of #N/A and
leaving it as an empty point. but in Excel 2007, it deal the value of
#N/A as zero. In such condition. I could not drawing some conditional
charts which could associate different scopes of value with different
series and format them differently.

2.the dynamic chart in Excel 2007 seems to be disappointed, I could
not combine the chart with form control. and the relative reference
names( such as data1=OFFSET(Sheet1!$B11,0,0,1,COUNTA(Sheet1!$1:$1 )-1)
could not function too. maybe you could find it by the sample of John
Walkenbach's "define series based on active cell - F9.xls".

3.The mouse's double-clicking function couldn't work too. I used to
format chart element by double-clicking it and set the format options
in its format dialog box. but now I have to rely on ribbon or right-
clicking pop-up menu.

and the other questions is still there too. Could you give me any
suggestion, Thanks in advance.

Yours,fujing